Tuesday, August 4, 2015

The Launch Forward


I had a series of challenges recently one after the other they came fast and furious.  I vented my frustration to a friend who reassured me this meant that something amazing was coming around the corner.  I thought maybe she had misheard me so I paused and asked her, "Did you not hear what I was just telling you? One after the other...boom, boom, boom."  She reassured me again that this meant that something amazing was in store for me right around the corner. 

There is a concept in Judaism of "Yeridah t'zorech aliyah" which literally means descent for the purposes of ascent.  If you think about it anytime in life where you need propulsion there is a period of exertion or descent before hand: jumping down on a diving board to go up, taking a running head start in order to get momentum for a big jump or even the pulling back of a slingshot in order to launch something a great distance.  

It's only through being pushed to your limits that you are able to move forward to a greater place in life. You may think that each challenge is setting you back further and further but really each challenge is an opportunity which will ultimately propel you farther in the bigger picture.  

Now when hit with a challenge I try to remind myself that I'm not moving backwards, I'm being set up for a major fast forward.  It doesn't minimize the struggle of the challenge when I'm in it but it definitely helps give me the strength to push through with thoughts in my head of my impending launch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment