Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Opening the Door

We are officially in the last two weeks before the Jewish new year, Rosh Hashana. The name of the game now is personal growth and how we maximize ourselves to get the most out of the big day.

For me that means going over my personal growth goals from last year and figuring out if I hit my projections or if I came up short. In addition it means setting a few new goals moving forward.  Yes, this means reflecting on our successes but as much as we might try to avoid it, it also means taking an honest look at and evaluating where we could put in some more effort as well.  

No goal will work however if it's not backed by the two secret ingredients of self confidence and self esteem.  If my goal is not gossiping about other people and from the get go I walk around saying, "I'll never be able to watch what I say about other people, I'm not a rabbi!" Then our self-limiting belief about our personal success in this area is killing it from the get go and you're dead in the water.  

King Soloman said, "The door turns on its hinge and the lazy man on his bed." Rabbi Pincus translates the hinge in this analogy as a person's self concept and goes on to say that "The way you define yourself is the level you assign yourself." 

We can only open a door as far as the hinge will allow the door to swing.  When you have a limiting self concept you're preventing the door to a higher level of possibilities in your life from opening.  When you are able to really work on your goals and believe that you not only can but will achieve them the door swings open and the sky is the limit.  I wish you all much success in achieving your goals this new year and may the door to much blessing swing open for you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment